We’re back in the pool and feeling good!
Tonight was our first meet
Against a tough team (Winterset)
But we felt like we were up for the challenge.
Wes had a good night…
Actually, a great night.
Freestyle: took off 4.1 seconds from last summer (maybe only a second or 2 from winter)
For 34.14, 9th place overall.
Backstroke: took off over 5 seconds for 39.78, 3rd overall
(and his first individual 3rd place ever!)
Breaststroke: took off 2.9 seconds for 44.35, 6th place overall
It was Beckett’s first time swimming 50s in the summer
So he came in with a lot of “no times”
He was frustrated with both his relays—
He had some great legs but 2 of his teammates had never swam before.
His individuals seemed to go ok…
Freestyle: 36.56, 5th overall
Backstroke: 48.58, 7th overall (with his goggles in his mouth)
Breaststroke: 46.31, 3rd overall (with his goggles around his neck)
And me?
It was one of my best meets ever!
I swam breast on the medley relay—we took 2nd
Freestyle: I took off over 3.5 seconds for 17.78, 4th overall
Breaststroke: I took off 4.8 seconds for 24.45, 2nd overall
And I’m the YOUNG ONE in my age group!
Our freestyle relay was the star though—
We had to sub someone in at the last minute.
I swam anchor.
And we got FIRST!
By less than a second.
It was awesome.
It’s looking like a good season for all of us!



No comments:
Post a Comment