We missed our first meet last week
while we sailed the Caribbean
(worth it!)
so we were really psyched for this week!
Unfortunately,
as Mom predicted,
we brought Covid back from the cruise.
Mema was sick for about a week
(not too bad, though)
Dad was sick for 3-4 days,
Beck had sniffles for a day.
But that meant
it was up to the rest of us
to represent Team Reed.
Even though I swam last year,
I was a little nervous.
I didn't look like it on the block though!
Diving like a pro
Making starts look good
and cranking out my strokes.
First times of the season:
25 Freestyle 31.28 (7-10 seconds faster than last season
depending on which time you look at)
25 Backstroke 44.31 (4-8 seconds faster)
And my new love 25 Butterfly...no time this meet.
I got a DQ for not clearing my arms.
Something to work on.
Weston has always rocked his starts on the blocks
and Mom thought his strokes really looked good
Opening times of the season:
50 Freestyle 40.43 (new PR by 1.4 seconds)
50 Backstroke 47.47 (PR by 2.3 seconds)
50 Breaststroke 53.68 (PR by 1.7 seconds)
Jackson had a good first meet too
He swam on both his age group's relays
and had some cool lighting
for his events!
New PRs for everything he swam:
50 Freestyle 33.50 (1.4 seconds)
50 Backstroke 42.87 (0.8 seconds)
50 Breaststroke 47.65 (2.8 seconds!)
It wasn't the same without
Beckett and Dad
but we did our best to make a strong showing











No comments:
Post a Comment