Saturday, June 11, 2022

Cruisin' Day 7: Crossing everything off the list

We hadn't wandered back to the Flowrider yet--
today's our chance!

I went first.
I was a natural last time
but struggled this round.
I toppled shortly after getting to on my knees each time

Weston hadn't been up to the trying out
the Flowrider last time
but he made it look easy on his first ride

Beckett got to try this year!
Shocker:
he made it look easy.
He made it on his knees
but wiped out shortly after

It took Mom a minute or two
to remember how to do it,
but she got the hang of it

She made it to her knees for a few seconds,
but maneuvering around
threw her off pretty quickly

And Dad?
Duh.
Pro.

He even got to try flipping to his butt.
Mom said she wanted to be sure to go before him--
she knew he'd show us all up

After that,
obligatory ice cream break
(we've been eating it several times a day)

Mom heard there was a towel folding class
so we stopped in to learn a few tricks

It was pretty cool.
A lot like origami

We learned an elephant and a bird.
#lifeskills

Me, Wes and Beck wanted to go give the Flowrider
another try,
but Tuck didn't want to have to stand around
and wait on us again.
So he and Mom
rode the Abyss, did some shopping, rode the waterslides
and did some swimming...
and we finally got another chance.

I briefly got up on my knees on my second round

Weston had some success

and so did Beck

Dad made it look awesome...again.

We all met up in the pool
for one last happy hour

and happy it was!

Dinner was lovely

and then Mom drug us to another ice skating show.
iSkate was definitely better than 1887
but some of us still thought a nap
was a better use of our time.

We stopped in for a comedy and magic show

before heading to The Friendly Feud.
We all got raffle tickets and a chance to make
the contestant panel.

When one of our numbers was called,
Aunt Mandy felt like one of her life's dreams
was coming true

When a second of our numbers was called,
as the only member of the Scholar Bowl team
in our family,
I leapt into action.

I thought I'd be good at it--
trivia right?
I didn't know what I was up for.
Some of the questions:
Name something slow
(old people was one of the answers).
Name something people do once a week
(shower was an answer!)

When Aunt Mandy's team got
Name a way to sneak something into prison,
she answered "your bum"
which everyone in the room thought was a good answer.
There was a lot of grumbling when it wasn't on the list.

We tried to steal.
I answered 
"in your pocket?"
and the host questioned me.
I confessed "I've never had to sneak anything in to prison"
which brought a lot of laughter from the crowd.
My answer wasn't up there.

However,
my most embarrassing moment was still coming.
The question was 
Name a fruit that looks like a human body part.
Peach was named,
eggplant (yeah, not a fruit).
There were lots of obvious ones
that I am NOT going to mention.
My team encouraged cherry.
That brought more laughter
of which I don't quite understand.

And it wasn't on the list.

Aunt Mandy's team won
when her "incorrect" bum was overturned
and deemed correct 
(our judge didn't know bum = butt).

No matter.
We both had a blast
and everyone left with some stories to tell.

We finished was some air hockey,
Sorrento's,
and a stop at the pub.
Awesome long-awaiting vacation
jam-packed with fun?
Check. 
Done.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment