Sunday, December 25, 2022

Something you want, something you need...and so much more

Well, a good thing about not hosting
Christmas Eve
and Mom being on call
is that we got to bed reasonably early
(like 11 or 12)
so we were bright-eyed and bushy-tailed
and ready to go Christmas morning!

There was a mix-up at the North Pole
and the elves packed us a miniature trampoline
instead of a full-sized trampoline.
Santa was on it though--
our real one will be here next week.

Mom and Dad have stayed with the 4 presents:
Something you want,
something you need,
an adventure to share (a modifier this year!),
and something to read.

Well, don't let the number of presents
dismay you.
Christmas did not disappoint.

I got an Apple Watch
(I know--crazy.
But I want to compete in exercise challenges
and Mom and Dad need a way to call me at home)

So did Beck!

And Wes
(since his old one is on the fritz)

And Jack?
A new iPhone.
Combo new phone and camera.

The finale--
where would we go this year???
Mom and Dad gave us puzzle pieces
in the advent calendar.
We immediately guess the Grand Canyon
with the first piece.
8 pieces later, 
we were pretty sure we still had it figured out.

Turns out,
we were mostly right!
Sedona here we come,
with a day trip to the Grand Canyon.
But the BIG surprise...
we leave TOMORROW!!!

Santa left me something extra.
I slipped a note to Farley
asking for a PS5 and a gold 87 necklace.
No game system,
but I got my Kelce necklace!

Then it was back to Aunt Mandy and Uncle Kurt's
for Christmas breakfast
and more gifts!

We got Cooper and Thea
squishmellows, blankets, books, and a tent
We were very proud of our gift choices.

I got my OWN BB gun

Beck got his much anticipated 
pottery wheel

Weston got a BB gun
with a scope
(always upping his game)

And Jack got AirPods

But Thea was probably the most pleased,
with her Skye sweatshirt.
It was an amazing Christmas
full of lots of things to celebrate.

But now, we've got to get home and pack--
we leave for Sedona in the morning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment