Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pumpkin Carving!

Mom and Dad have been carving pumpkins every year since they got married (that's 7 years!)
This year, for a bit more fun, we decided to do it with the neighbors.

We put on our coats, hats, and "glubs" and headed out.

Everyone got to work, scooping out the pumpkin goo.
I didn't really like it. I kept asking for a napkin.

My friend Owen, digging in.

Owen and I had to get down close to watch Daddy drilling out a "J" on the back of my pumpkin.

So I could make my own pumpkin, Mom got a kit with little light-up pegs that I could tap into the pumpkin by myself with a little mallet. It was pretty fun.

I had to get down really close to admire such a stunning pumpkin...

Owen, Fischer, and I with our masterpieces.

They look pretty great in the dark, too!
From left to right--Fischer's, mine, Fischer's 2nd one, Owen's

Then we all sat on Dad's tailgate for a chocolate chip cookie break.
It was way fun!

After I went to bed that night, Mom and Dad carved their pumpkins.
From left to right--Dad's, mine, baby's, Mom's.
What great looking jack-o-lanterns!
"Hap-o-ween!"
(That's Happy Halloween for those who don't speak Jacksonian)

No comments:

Post a Comment