This was supposed to be our 2nd
Family 5K this year
but our first one was flooded out.
That made us even MORE excited for this one!
AND because it was at night!
Mom and Dad turned Weston loose
and he bolted off with the other runners.
I held by pace with Mom.
Here's my bouncing glow sticks
We made it!
Weston flew in at a break-neck 25:05.
I crossed just a little ahead of Mom around 32 minutes.
I walked briefly twice (maybe 10 seconds total).
Jack ran THE WHOLE THING!
That was his big goal.
Dad ran it and then ran BACK to cross again with Jack.
#runninggoals
#fastest6yearoldinleessummit
Turned out we won some awards:
Weston 1st 12 and under boy
Jackson 3rd 12 and under girl
(there was some sort of entry error there!)
and Mom 3rd for 40-44 women.
All that and a bowl of ice cream?
A good night.






No comments:
Post a Comment