In 5th grade,
Mom and Dad went to Exchange City--
this cool place where kids have jobs,
get paychecks, shop, etc.
In 5th grade,
we get to go to the Blue Springs School of Economics--
this cool place where kids "immigrate"
from other countries,
have jobs, get paychecks, etc.
I ran for mayor
but even with my hilarious speech,
I didn't win.
I got to choose my job though--
I'm the manager of the Latino Lunch
(I'm "immigrating" from Latin America).
Here I am at the manager's meeting.
In our shops,
we make food and sell crafts--
nachos and quesadillas and keychains
in mine.
We have a budget, have to buy the supplies,
pay our staff, and be productive and well-mannered
citizens of the city.
It was a really cool experience.
My shop made $85
and sold out of keychains.
And I got to be the boss.
We all know how much I love that. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment