Saturday, November 5, 2016

Love fall

We haven't been to the cabin since...
well, we can't remember.
Mom unexpectedly got the weekend off,
so let's get away!!!

Fall is the time for some 4-wheelin'...
helmets for everyone!

Beckett was excited about the riding gloves too

Load up,
let's go off-roading!

Parents and Littles
(notice Tucker's helmet--
he wore it ALL DAY; 
he even tried to sleep in it)

Bigs too

We didn't get too far down the road
when I had my first accident on the 4-wheeler.
I went to rub my eyes
and accidentally turned really sharp.
I went off the road,
down the hill,
through a big patch of weeds.
Luckily, I came to a pretty quick stop
but I did fall off.
It scared me.
It scared Mom.

I was lucky and walked away with a few scratches
and a bruised ego.

It didn't break my spirit,
but I stayed off my ride for the rest of the day.
I need to work on my
concentration a bit.

No matter.
We all loaded up in the Ranger
and set out again.

We explored some backroads

Threw some rocks at the lake shore

GiGi and Grandpa joined us
and we checked out this really old cemetery.
There were headstones from 1821!!!

It wasn't all play today.
We raked and burned a ton of leaves

Whew!
This is some hard work!

Tucker played fetch with Tippy

and did some tromping around

He's dreaming of the day
the Ranger is all his...

Tee time was well deserved
(that means it's time for a drink!)

We spotted 2 bald eagles
out on the water
fighting over a fish.
It was really cool
(Don't mind B--
I think he may be lost)

It was a good day!

With a beautiful evening

But wait!
There's more!
It's not the cabin without dessert!

Mmmm.
Cupcakes.

And family

Oh, the times we'll remember...

Us big kids got to stay up and play Tripoly
with Mom, Dad, GiGi and Grandpa.
It was really fun.

I just kept winning!

And WINNING!

After that late night,
we slept in a bit
(sorta--it was daylight savings)
and then explored some more.

Check out the end of the path!
We have some cleaning up to do
before we can park our boat
this summer

We collected rocks and nuts,
did some throwing,
and a lot of tromping.

Mom needs to get an
unexpected day off
more often!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment