We set some new goals for this swim team season--
Jack wants to shave 10 seconds off his 33.7 second freestyle time
and I want to make it to the end of the pool
without touching the rope or the sides
Today, we made some progress.
Jack swam on the medley relay team for the first time--
he was the freestyle leg.
His team took 2nd out of 3 teams
I was up next with the 25 yard freestyle.
Me and Mom had a pep talk before the race.
Adjust my goggles nice and tight,
just keep swimming, aim for midway down the pool,
do the crawl stroke when I could.
Well, it must have worked.
Not only did I make it to the end of the pool
without stopping,
I shaved 27 seconds from my time--
Down to 1:01 from 1:28!!!
I don't know who was more excited,
me or Mom!
Jack took off 0.2 seconds,
down to 33.5.
Making progress, right???



No comments:
Post a Comment