Friday, May 29, 2009

Mom and Dad's Big Adventure

For the first time since I was born, Mom and Dad took a trip for a little "alone time."  Their best friend from high school, Molly, was getting married in Sedona and they decided to do it up right.  So the whole gang from high school--Mom and Dad, Kelly and Shane, Mike and Amber, Mike and Andrea, Brad and Nicole (his new fiance) and Amy and her new boyfriend--headed to Arizona for a vacation.  Mom and Dad and a few friends stayed at a really cool house owned by a friend of Grandma J and Grandpa Mike.  Everyone flew in to Phoenix and drove to Sedona.  

So how do I know all this?  Well, I spent 5 fun days with both sets of Grandparents going to the mall to play on the playground, building my new dog "Dona" (like Sedona) at Build-a-Bear, going to the train store, playing at the pool, petting Bubba the horse, etc. etc.  When Mom and Dad got back, they told be this really long bedtime story about all the adventures they had.  It was a pretty entertaining story, so I thought I'd share.

The drive to Sedona was filled with all sorts of beautiful scenery.

And this odd rock painted like a frog.

The roads were REALLY winding.  Those two lines you can see is the road going back and forth--the switchbacks.

Once they got to Sedona, Molly and Joel (the groom) hosted a dinner for everyone.  

After dinner, everyone went to the house for some drinks and such.
Here's the gang, checking out the stars (it was really dark and Mom said you could even see the stars glittering!)
Day 1 was a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment