Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day at the Cabin!

Mom actually got Memorial Day weekend off (or at least most of it), so we headed to Truman Lake to hang out with Grandma J and Grandpa Mike.

Grandma got me this great bucket and watering can.

I really liked it.  We played a lot of "wa-der."

All this playing really makes you work up a thirst!

We played ball too.  It was a pretty fun day.

The next day, we headed out to swim.  
I got to drive the truck!
(Don't worry, it was on a gravel road for about 100 feet--no social services intervention needed)

After I got over the initial fit over the life jacket (it was really uncomfortable), things were a lot more fun.

Mom, Monti and I sat at the front of the boat for the best view.

We stopped at the end of this old road.  It was a perfect place for all of us to wade right it.  
I went in to my armpits!  I wasn't scared at all!

Here's Mom and Aunt Amanda.  I think Amanda is eating a cookie.

After all that swimming, Grandma J, Dad, and I stopped for a "nack" (that's snack).
Monti is sneaking something here...

Back home, Gus was holding down the fort.

After all that fun, bedtime came quick.

Even Monti was oh-so-tired.

The next morning, Mom and I made donuts for everyone for breakfast.
I was in charge of putting on the "mimum" (cinnamon) and sugar.

Oh, and I ate a few too.
It was a really fun weekend.  
We're looking forward to a lot more time at the lake this summer!
Hopefully Grandpa Mike is ready for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment