It may be super early...
and it's going to be a hot one...
and maybe rain...
and we'll be here all. day. long.
but we're still PUMPED!
It's CHAMPIONSHIPS!
Tuck did a great job
swimming for his relays,
coming in 11th for the medley and 10th for freestyle,
earning 12 points for the team!
He did an AMAZING job in his individuals too.
Check out his fast start!
He's in the middle,
nearly in the pool while everyone else
is still on the blocks!
He set a PR in freestyle,
taking off nearly THREE seconds
for a time of 26.70 (43rd out of 81).
He took off 0.8 seconds in backstroke coming in at 35.33 (35th of 61).
No PR in butterfly, but not a bad time at 39.25 (25th...of 25).
A heck of a showing!
There was a lot of team bonding this year
over video games
but back to the swimming!
I had high hopes given my High Point last year
but it's hard to be the younger age in the group.
That didn't stop me from trying!
My medley relay too 8th, as did my free
for 14 points for the team.
And I brought some SERIOUS heat on my free leg as anchor.
I took off 0.3 seconds in free for a PR of 18.13 (27th of 75)
I shaved off 1.1 seconds in back for a PR of 22.66 (13th of 53)
And breast?
I was in it to win it!
I smashed off the blocks...and swam 4 strokes of freestyle
before remembering I was swimming breast.
Boo.
Before the DQ registered, I was had a new PR of 24.44 (13th of 44).
I earned 7 points for the team
but not enough for High Point this year.
I took it all in stride--
there's always next year!
and I got to hang all day with my besties!
The afternoon was the big kids.
Weston had a great day.
He finally set a new PR in freestyle,
shaving off 0.2 seconds for 40.14 (42nd of 61).
He took off a full 1.7 seconds in back for 45.78 (25th of 54).
And a trifecta of PRs, taking off 1 second in breast for 50.46 28th of 50).
He was pretty pumped afterwards,
promising to workout in the off-season
with a goal to swim in the fast lane
next summer.
It was fun to watch!
And last but certainly not least,
Jackson had a day of PRs too.
His relays rocked, both coming in 10th.
He took of 0.6 seconds for 32.13 in free (27th of 52)
No PR in back but came in at 40.72 (23rd of 43)
And he took off 0.6 seconds for 45.88 in breast (24th of 41)
Maybe now Mom and Dad can convince him
to swim in high school...
The Waves overall came in 3rd,
a great showing by the team.
It was a long, but good day
which calls for a dinner out with friends.
Another incredible season
in the book!













No comments:
Post a Comment