I have a new friend. His name is Worm. He is a beanie-baby that Mom got in a Happy Meal a long time ago.
I really like to show Worm all the wonderous things I see. Conversations typically go like this:
"Look Worm! Christmas lights. RED Christmas lights. On the house."
Then I hold him up so he can see the lights on our house.
I tell him about things out the car window too:
"Look Worm, cows!. Milk come from cows."
"No train today, Worm." (as we go under the empty train bridge.)
"Worm like craisins. Worm have drink-a milk." (as I share my snack with him--I actually try to feed him.)
"Where raisins come from, Worm? From grapes! Did-you-know-that, Worm?"
Worm is really very smart. He usually already knows everything I tell him. Or at least he always seems to answer "Yep" when I ask if he knew that.
He's a pretty good companion. He sits on the counter and watches me eat. I put my feet on the table and then put them down and explain to Worm "No feet on table. Good manners, Worm." He watches me take a bath too. And I put him safely in Leo the Lion's arms when I sleep.
"I love Worm. Know that, Mama?" Yep.
No comments:
Post a Comment