The day has arrived—
And we could not be more pumped!
Our tent, as usual, was the crash zone
Let’s GOOOO!
(Or Let’s Glow as our theme goes)
My medley relay team was seeded 5th
But we beat the odds a bit and came in 4th!
Tuck’s came in 1st in his heat (which was really exciting to watch)
And 6th overall.
On to the individual events:
Check out Tuck’s start!
He had a good day.
He took off 0.36s in free, for a new PR of 21.34s
And 19th place overall (out of 77 kids!).
His butterfly somehow added 1.8s
Even though it looked amazing!
But the big story was 2.88s off his breaststroke
For a new PR of 29.63s, 9th overall (out of 54 kids)!
Despite an off start,
I had a great day.
My backstroke start was a bit high and deep
And then I thought I touched the wall (and stopped) but missed it.
I added 0.73s which landed me in 13th place (out of 55)
Though I was seeded 10th.
I was frustrated.
But then I rallied.
I took 2.45s (!) off my breaststroke for a huge new PR of 21.18s
And 4th place overall (out of 52 kids).
I really wanted High Point again this year.
So on the advice of Mom and Dad,
I skipped freestyle and went for the IM.
Boy am I glad I did!
I dropped 12.4 seconds (!!!) for a new PR of 1:44.87
And came in 10th overall (out of 28 kids).
Once the individual events were over,
We were super excited for the big event—
The free relay.
It’s so fun to swim.
It gets SO LOUD!
Tuck’s team:
They took another first in their heat, 9th overall.
Here’s mine:
Cooper, Everett, me and the super-fast Jack
All the relayers together
(That’s a good looking B team!)
We had a good race—seeded 6th, came in 5th.
We’ll take it.
I was nervous.
There were a lot of fast swimmers and
Despite my hard work,
I was afraid I didn’t hit my season goal of High Point.
But guess what?
I DID!
13th in my age group in the city.
Not bad!
My friend Jack took 7th.
I’m so proud!
With the first half under our belts,
The afternoon was all about the Bigs.
Weston had a big day and was finally able to shave some time.
He took 0.11s off his free for a new PR of 38.27s
Despite his awesome start in back
(He’s the KING of starts!)
He added a bit of time, finishing at 46.06s.
He had a great breaststroke though,
Dropping 4.82s(!) for a new PR of 47.65s.
See?
King of starts.
They are beautiful to watch.
Jackson had a great day.
He took almost 8.5s (!!!) off his freestyle
For a new PR of 1:05.37.
He added some time in back, coming in at 37.27s
But ROCKED his breaststroke,
Taking off 5.66s for a new PR of 43.19s.
It was a really great season for all of us,
Filled with a lot of PRs
And even more memories.
Hopefully we can convince Jack to swim next year!

























No comments:
Post a Comment