Friday, January 27, 2023

Back on the Blocks

Weston and I jumped back into 
winter swim league this year
and I AM LOVING IT!
I told Mom I'm sad practice is only 2 nights a week.

Tonight was our first meet and
here's how it went down:
I didn't have a seed time for either of my events
because I'm swimming 50s this year.
So imagine how good it felt to swim
the 50 breast in 48.60 seconds--first overall!
My freestyle didn't go quite as well.
I lost my goggles and got my hand caught in the lane rope
AND nearly crashed into the wall when I needed to turn...
but I still swam it in 48.30, 12th of 20.
Just wait until next meet.

Weston got some PRs too.
His start on his relay was AWESOME:
His seed time in the 50 breast was 1:05.22--
he smashed that coming in at 52.24, 6th overall (out of 30!).
He swam backstroke too, seeded with a time of 1:01.90
and coming in at 49.08, 11th overall.

Looks like breaststroke may be our strokes!
Can't wait for next meet!

No comments:

Post a Comment