Mom: I have to go back to work for a bit tonight. Bummer, huh?
Jack: Waaah-waaah
You know the sound of Debbie Downer from SNL? That was the noise he made. Hilarious.
Jack: Why are all those flags up at the cemetery?
Mom: Well, for Memorial Day, we put up flags to say "thank you" to all the people in the Army that have fought and died for us to keep us safe.
Jack: But how do the flags say "thank you?" They don't have eyes or mouths or anything.
Our new favorite Jack song:
Firecracker, firecracker, firecracker, firecracker (and clap to the beat)
If you have a firecracker it goes *clap*
If you don't have a firecracker it goes (hold your hands together if fists and make no noise)
We were impressed. He came up with that one on his own out of the blue.
Weston won't use yellow legos in his constructions. If you put one on, he'll yell and take it off. No idea what that is about.
I love that if you ask Weston to do something, like go downstairs to eat breakfast and he'll say no. Then you say, "Fine, I'm going anyway" and he immediately changes his mind with "I DOOOO!!!!"
Wes talks in complete, intelligible sentences now. It's so funny to have a conversation with a 2 year old! When his drink is gone: "My drink all gone. I ate it!" or "In the morning, I get up, I get dressed. We eat breakfast."
Just like Jack looks out for Wes, Wes now looks out for Jack. When his cousin started picking on him, Wes was right in there, fending off the pushes. They are truly best friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment