Saturday, April 30, 2011

Boys Weekend!!!


Last weekend Mom had to go to Denver for a smart people conference so me, West, and Dad were batch'in it.

On Friday night we went to this cool place where you got to pick out some pottery and paint it anyway you want to. We picked out a new coffee mug for Mom and one for Grandma Phyllis too since she came along to help Dad keep us under control. Then we were ready to make our creations...turns out that I had the attention span of a dog with with a bell tied to its tail. So, Dad got to do most of the work while Grandma kept West and I from breaking everything in the place. Sorry, no pictures, Dad had his hands full.

Then on Saturday, we went to the ZOO. They had all kinds of cool animals: Tigers,


Elephants,

and Weston's favorite, the merekats!

It was pretty cool, but all I cared about was catching another glimpse of the train...DID YOU KNOW THE ZOO HAS A TRAIN?!?

Finally, on Sunday we got to Cabela's. We saw some HUGE catfish and we even got to see feeding time. They dropped a bunch of fishing worms, crawdads, and goldfish in the tanks and the catfish, bass, and turtles went to town. But the real reason we were there was so that Dad could check out the boat he wants to buy next year. West and I got to climb all over it while Dad talked to the sales guy. It was cool. I told him I think it would be okay if we bought it but, I couldn't understand why we didn't take it home with us. Dad said we were just looking and asked if I had any money.


It was a good weekend but, we were all happy to see Mom again!



No comments:

Post a Comment