Sunday, April 17, 2011

Everyone runs the Trolley Run

Just Dad and Jack ran the Trolley Run in 2009 and 2010,
but this year,
we ALL ran it!
It was Mom's first race, first run outside (usually it's the treadmill),
and first run with a stroller.
And she had to keep up with Dad.
She was really nervous.

But we all finished!
Official time for the 4 mile course: 41 minutes, 7 seconds.
(Thanks for running slow, Dad!)

I was suppose to take my morning nap during the run,
but I thought it was waaaay more fun to wave at all the people we were passing!
Mom and Jack, resting up after the race

Then, it was time for the Kid's Fun Run.
I was ready!
Dad and I were going to take it all!
I've got this!
The KC T-Bones' mascot even helped me across the finish line!

Then it was Jack's turn.
He was soooo excited...
...at first.

But then, as the flag waved and the announcer said "GO!",
it looked a lot like years past...

Jack decided he didn't want to run.
And there was some crying.
A LOT of crying.

But in the end,
we all finished our races.
Go Team Reed!

No comments:

Post a Comment