Friday, February 16, 2024

Friday Night in the Pool

It's our 3rd meet which means 
we're adding fly
and shaving time off our strokes
I was pulled in to a free relay at the last minute
and as the lead-off swimmer, 
I had a fast start and set the pace for a 1st place finish
I swam back, with a "No Time" for my seed.
I finished just barely in 2nd with a time of 26.74, 0.3 seconds out of first.
My last swim was breast...which I am KING at!
I took off 0.8 seconds coming in at 28 seconds flat,
a full 7.5 seconds ahead of 2nd place.

As for Beck
His free relay took first place by just a hair for the 3rd week in a row.
Although he was not thrilled to swim it,
he swam a MEAN fly.
His seed time was 58.35, which he crushed coming in at 50.38s
taking 2nd place
(and just a fraction ahead of his BFF and rival Cooper).
As for his favorite stroke, breaststroke,
he took 1st, setting a new PR by 0.7 seconds at 46.26.

And the finale...Weston...
He took off 1.2 seconds in back with a new PR of 41.27 seconds.
He had a huge PR by nearly 2 seconds in breaststroke 
with a new PR of 45.19.
And he had an even BIGGER PR in freestyle, 
taking off 2.3 seconds for a new best time of 35.25 seconds.

This definitely calls for a Mexican fiesta with our swim friends--
about 20 of us headed across the street for some tacos and drinks.
We had so much fun, we forgot the pictures.
We'll grab one next week--a fiesta is our tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment