New school year, here we come!
Jackson is off to Lee's Summit North High School.
Mom and Dad can't believe
they have a Freshman
Just two guys,
waiting for a bus
It's just Beck and I left at Highland Park
(This is the 10th year there's been a Reed here!)
Beckett, all ready for 4th grade
in Mrs. Harmon's class
Me, a 2nd grader in Mr. McVay's class
For posterity--
it's been a dramatic morning.
For some reason, I can't wear dirty, stained shorts
on the first day (or any day) of school
Just 2 Huskies,
ready for the year!
Don't worry--
once I got to school
with all my Thunderchicken teammates,
things were alright.
And the last to roll out in the morning:
Weston, strolling into 7th grade
at the brand new East Trails Middle School
Weird to loose these two kids
from the HPE bus
They're on the middle school bus
and banned parents from getting any closer
than this to the bus stop
But other parents got closer!
Just to be sure the middle schoolers knew how much they were loved
AND be sure they were embarrassed as possible,
after waiting for the kids to climb on the bus,
all the parents (now 20+ strong) broke out in waves
and cheers and shouts of "I love you!" and
"Make a new friend!" and "Have a great day!"
Yep.
Gonna be a crazy but great school year.












No comments:
Post a Comment