Monday, April 25, 2022

A REAL First Taste of Band

We usually start band in 5th grade, 
but, well, COVID,
so this was my first go-round.

I chose percussion,
playing both pad (in preparation for snare drum)
and xylophone.

There hasn't been a lot of practicing
in my freetime--
until this week when I got rather serious.

I have my first concert--
my first Cavalcade!

Mom and Dad (and Mema) have fond memories
of Tijuana Taxi and Honeyrock Flapjacks.

Good news (I think)--
we play different songs now.  

I played xylophone on Midnight Mission
and really nailed it

I played pad on Starsplitter Fanfare
and Bringer of War--
and by all accounts,
nailed that too!

My whole fan club turned out
for my debut performance!
The drumline performed
along with all the middle school and high school bands.
They were pretty awesome.
I may have to stick this out a while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment