We always host Christmas Eve.
It started when Jack and Wes were little--
it was a perfect way to for them to go to bed on time
and let Mom and Dad stay up to hang out
with the family.
Well, we aren't that little anymore
and it's time to let those with Littles
have the same stay-up-and-party chance.
So with much grumbling from me and my brothers,
we headed to Aunt Mandy and Uncle Kurt's
for Christmas Eve.
But guess what?
It was a lovely night.
I'm becoming a baby whisperer of sorts--
I LOVE hanging with kids
and they seem to love hanging with me.
Just a matter of time
until I babysit, right?
It was awesome to be with everyone this year
after being apart last year.
Chelsea, Jake, us and the Klusmeyers
Carol, Mema and Pappo
all the Drabenstotts
and even Jasmin's mother, Gardi,
joined us all the way from Germany!
It was a great night.
Maybe not hosting will be ok after all.
Hanging with all the family is the best part
regardless of where we are!
No comments:
Post a Comment