Thursday, November 7, 2019

Back to the OR

See my hernia?
It squeezes back in really easily,
but it just won't stay in.
People are starting to notice it.
It shows through my clothes.
Mom and Dad decided it was time 
to get it fixed.

So Mom talked to her
surgeon friend Dr. Jason
and we headed to Children's Mercy
early this morning to get it done.

They distracted me with a lot of screens...

and as I got nervous,
I started to just pay attention to those
and ignore everyone else...

I refused to get undressed.

Despite Dad's best efforts

Maybe I thought if I kept my boots on,
it wouldn't happen.
But eventually,
they got the boots off...

It didn't take very long--
about a half hour.
There was a bump in the beginning
when the anesthesiologist noticed my weight was wrong.
Good catch, Dr. Pflumm!
It was smooth sailing after that.

All patched up!

But oh,
that anesthetic made me sleeeeeepy.
I'd start to eat or say something
and fall asleep in the middle

A recovery afternoon on the couch
with Mom and Dad was just what I needed

The toy from Mema 
and balloons and cookies from Aunt Mandy
didn't hurt either

Look!
Dr. Jason does good work.
My modeling career is back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment