Today was the annual
Union Hill Day School Christmas Program.
We were all really excited to see Weston's first performance.
But,
fate had other plans.
As Mom and Dad drove back to UHDS
to catch Wes's program,
2 blocks from school,
they were in an accident.
Don't panic.
Everyone is fine.
Except Sally, our van.
A truck ran a red light and hit the driver's side over the third seat and trunk.
Lots of airbags went off.
EVERYONE IS FINE!!!!
We'll see how Sally comes out.
Mom and Dad were most upset about missing Weston's song and dance.
Rumor has it that other parents taped it and got some pictures.
We'll hopefully post soon.
BUT!
The day was not a total loss!
(although Mom and Dad missed a whole day of productivity)
They came back to UHDS again
to see me!
However,
as I told them repeatedly.
"I don't want to sing with 'the band'"
(that's what I called my class and the program)
"I don't want everyone to look at me."
So this is how it went:
Rubbing my eye through all of Silent Night
(the spotlight hurt my eyes)
My whole class, looking festive
Note I'm still not singing.
Still rubbing the eye.
And rubbing my eye through all of
We Wish You a Merry Christmas.
We have video too,
but rubbing my eye is all that you see.
but rubbing my eye is all that you see.
Well, at least I didn't cry.
(about 1/2 my class did)
No comments:
Post a Comment